Staff Officer Accountants (3 roles)
A well known public sector organisation based in Belfast are currently recruiting through VanRath for 3 Staff Officer Accountant posts. These roles are due to commence immediately and would be ideal for a part or fully qualified accountant with previous experience in a Staff Officer Accountant’s post within the Public Sector. The roles will be for 10 months+ with strong likelihood of extension thereafter.
While the precise duties and responsibilities of individual posts will vary, posts may involve varying degrees of the following activities:
- Act as first point of contact for branch(es) staff for all financial queries / support.
- Provide branch(es) with regular financial analysis and interpret to assist project leads and Branch Heads with financial management.
- Provide adhoc and/or regular financial training to scientific staff.
- Hold monthly meetings with Branch Head to inform annual organisational forecast outturn.
- Collate findings of monthly branch meetings and provide report in pre agreed format to finance line management.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with Head of Branch and project leads.
- Preparation of any required financial journals.
- Ensure branch income and expenditure are recognised in accordance with accounting standards.
Preparation of Annual Reports and Accounts in accordance with HM Treasury and Department of Finance guidance incorporating IFRS.
Production of management accounting information to assist with financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
Assisting with annual budgeting and costing exercise and in year monitoring rounds.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Fully Qualified Accountant (or equivalent level experience) with proven track record of working at a relevant level within the Public Sector
– Exposure to preparing management and statutory accounts, with knowledge of budgets, forecasts and variances
– Highly computer literate with a good level of familiarity with MS Excel
– Immediate availability
c. £33,000 (pro rata)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
Job Reference: DDC0101019_1539185269
Salary: £33000 - £34000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 10 months+
Job Start Date: ASAP
Staff Officer Prince 2 PID Author – £18ph
£16 - £18 Per Hour + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec
EOII- Personal Secretary
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec
EOII Business Support Officer (Temp)
£23000 - £24000 Per Annum + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec