Regional Sales Engineer
Regional Sales Engineer
VANRATH are seeking to recruit a Regional Sales Engineer for a global leading provider of high-performance scientific imaging cameras.
Our client are among the world’s most innovative companies in the Photonics industry, measuring light down to a single photon and capturing events occurring within 1 billionth of a second.
With over 70 unique product solutions, 10,000 customers in 55 countries and 15 offices worldwide including China, Japan and the USA.
The Regional Sales Engineer will join a team of experts in the key technologies such as 3D microscopy, image restoration, visualization and analysis.
The primary role of the Regional Sales Engineer is to develop new business by providing information on the product and solutions to customers’ key endpoints.
The successful candidate will work with researchers in leading universities and industry to advance their image analysis capability and understanding of their area of interest.
- Meet and exceed agreed individual sales targets.
- Support the sales objectives by researching customers’ image analysis needs and providing solutions.
- Demonstration of the software and onsite work with the customer by organizing presentations and workshops.
- Develop new business relationships within the defined territory and strengthen existing customer relationships.
- Follow-up on all sales opportunities.
- Contribute to sales campaigns to increase productivity and sales.
- Continually compile market information on dedicated regions with a view to providing market feedback to assist in the shaping of future product development and company strategy
- Represent and promote the company brand at trade shows and conferences within your assigned regions.
- Maintain all records in the company CRM system and effectively manage projects to accurately forecast for the territory.
- Regularly attend weekly/ monthly sales meetings, offering feedback and suggestions to improve product solutions.
- Educated to degree or equivalent in life sciences
- 2 years hands on experience with confocal microscopes
- 3 years hands on experience in a life science laboratory
- 3+ years’ experience in a sales role
- Experience in selling or supporting technical and high-value products
- Strong background in life science techniques, applications and markets
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hands on experience with 3D image analysis software
- PhD or equivalent in life sciences
- Direct knowledge of grant/funding cycles procedures
- International sales experience in confocal, wide field, live-cell imaging and advanced image analysis.
- Experience with sales via distributors and VARs
- Sales experience in microscopy market
- Good language skills in Spanish or one other major European language
- Keen interest in scientific advances and innovations in image analysis and advanced optics
Note: This role will require up to 50% international travel across UK, IE, Spain and Portugal
- Attractive salary and commission
- Market leading benefits package
- Career growth in a global leading organisation
For further details on this vacancy, or any other Sales or Marketing jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link on this page or contact Marty Caskey in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250.
Job Reference: MRT81118_1541675750
Salary: Attractive package on offer
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: