QA Automation (2 x new contracts)
As an experienced QA Analyst (Automation) you should be very comfortable in a technical environment and enjoy working with an application where big data processing, data flow performance and reliability and integrity are all key facets. The QA Analyst (Automation) will work closely with application SMEs, Architects and analysis groups to understand the strategy and project deliverables. The appointed QA Analyst (Automation) will execute functional tests and/or works closely with the development organisation in developing automated tests, verifying and reporting on actual results vs. expected results.
- Identifies environment needs in support of testing needs.
- Participates in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on work effort estimation as well as design.
- Works with analysts to interpret high level requirements, decomposing them into acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Defines and writes test scenarios – both white box and black box.
- Will Executes functional tests and/or works closely with the development organization in developing automated tests, verifying and reporting on actual results vs. expected results.
- Troubleshoots application issues – identifies risk and escalates appropriately.
- Reports on/tracks application defects.
- Contributes to automated regression testing, and other automation efforts
- Bachelor’s degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
- Significant experience in QA execution and planning.
- Knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is a big advantage.
- Ability to understand and absorb business & technology concepts quickly.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies (Cucumber) and automated acceptance criteria.
- Experience of using Linux platform, commands, and scripts.
£350 – £400 a day
12 month contract
Open to 1st time contractors
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Contract or Temporary IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Orla Fitzsimons in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Considering Contracting? Book in for an informal 1-2-1 during our ‘Contractor Info. Afternoons’, held every Wednesday & Friday. Our Contractor Experts, Orla Fitzsimons and Russell Kennedy, are here to help with your questions and discuss opportunities.
Job Reference: ORF245QA_1558698662
Salary: £350 - £400 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Start Date:
QA Analyst (Automation)
£350 - £425 Per DayFull Job Spec
Software Development Engineer in Test – SDET
£38000 - £45000 Per Annum + Excellent Training And DevelopmentFull Job Spec
QA Test Consultant – up to £40k
£30000 - £40000 Per Annum + Excellent Training And DevelopmentFull Job Spec