Procurement Manager BAND 7
VANRATH are recruiting a Band 7 Procurement Manager to be based in Belfast City Centre. This temporary Project Manager role will run initially for 6 months (with possibility of extension), reporting into the Senior Manager. This is an opportunity to join this organisation at an exciting time and has real potential of leading to a permanent role.
The Procurement Manager will support the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a cost effective service in respect of the provision of a comprehensive procurement service to a range of. You will be responsible for managing and developing the Procurement service to fulfil a key role in the supply chain thereby supporting clients. The post holder will assist in fostering a spirit of commercial awareness within their Procurement location, using that to equip staff to meet the changing needs of the organistaion.
The Ideal Person:
- Candidates must hold a University Degree (management or business) or relevant Professional Qualification, such as full membership of CIPS or CILT and at least two years’ relevant experience in Procurement and Contracting.
- Ability to maintain and improve services and systems to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving Customer Service.
- Candidates must have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel within organisations.
- Candidates must be capable of assessing objectively all aspects in the management of the supply chain.
- Candidates must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with officers at all levels and in all professions within the Organisation and to supervise staff.
- Candidates must be familiar with all aspects of contracting, in particular Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Have experience in negotiating with commercial suppliers.
- Experience in the operation of an eTendering System
- Experience in the operation of an Oracle based Procure to Pay system
- Be studying for or be prepared to study for a relevant professional qualification.
Vanrath are offering a market leading rate for this role.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Senior Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Job Reference: RWS18/10/2019_1571400011
Salary: £33000 - £42000 per annum + Discount Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Temporary Category Manager
£37000 - £43000 Per Annum + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec
Public Sector Procurement & Contracts Manager
Northern Ireland (North)
Up To £12.71 Per Hour + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec
£25000 - £28000 Per Annum + Excellent BenefitsFull Job Spec