Procurement and Contracts Manager – Public Sector
VANRATH are recruiting a Procurement and Contracts Manager for a Public Sector Organisation based in Belfast. This Procurement and Contracts Manager opportunity is a full time temporary post that is for an initial duration of six months with scope for the role to be extended/ made permanent. Whilst in this role you will be reporting into a Policy and Operation Director.
- Provide effective support to the Policy and Operations Director by taking a leading role in developing and co-ordinating the strategic procurement and contract management needs of the organisation and Councils.
- To keep under review developments in waste management, procurement, contract management and related disciplines and make recommendations as required.
- To take a lead role in the development, review and implementation of Procurement Strategy and associated policies and procedures including taking into account both current and emerging changes arising from European, national and regional procurement best practice.
- Support the implementation and use of e-procurement and develop and maintain sustainable procurement strategies.
- To take the lead in project managing effectively the procurement for nominated contracts including the development of a standardised procurement approach, the timely and efficient operation of the tendering process, the development of tender documentation, output specifications/method statements, award criteria, evaluation criteria, payment mechanisms, negotiations, recommendations and debriefing of unsuccessful tenderers etc
The Ideal Person:
Applicants must have a third level qualification or an equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline (such as engineering, procurement, law, business studies or environmental studies). At least one year’s experience (within the last three years) of effective and efficient administration and delivery of a number of public sector procurement projects as well as the initiation and management of public sector contracts. This experience, of public sector procurement projects, may have been gained in either the public, private or voluntary sectors
Negotiable between £37,000-£43,000
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Job Reference: RWS01-07-2019_1562007603
Salary: £37000 - £43000 per annum + Discount Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Procurement Analyst (City Centre)
£25000 - £35000 Per Annum + Excellent BenefitsFull Job Spec
Procurement Manager BAND 7
£33000 - £42000 Per Annum + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec
Procurement and Contracts Manager – Ballymena
Up To £12.71 Per Hour + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec