Organisational Effectiveness Manager – Thompson
Organisational Effectiveness Manager – Thompson
VANRATH is delighted to be the exclusive recruitment partner for Thompson Aero Seating, one of Northern Ireland’s most successful and fast-growing businesses, employing over 1,400 people.
The current industrial footprint covers 20,000 m2 across four sites located in the Portadown and Banbridge areas and includes full design, engineering, certification, manufacturing and R&D capabilities.
In December 2016 Thompson was acquired by AVIC (Aviation Industry Corporation of China), one of the world’s largest and leading aerospace companies. With Thompson’s planned future growth and expansion plans being backed and endorsed by AVIC, together with the ability to offer a broader range of aircraft cabin interior products from other companies within the AVIC group, the Thompson success story looks well set to continue.
As part of the growth and planned expansion, the organisation is excited to take the first step by implementing a build out of their current HR function, which will result in a number of new and highly exciting opportunities, including a new Organisational Effectiveness Manager vacancy.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to play a key role in the future of the organisation, in a newly shaped HR team and in a business striving to position itself as one of UK & Irelands “Employers of Choice”.
The Organisational Effectiveness (OE) Manager is responsible for leading the strategy, development and implementation of organisational effectiveness and development interventions and initiatives to support TAS’s current and future needs and enable TAS’s growth into a world class organisation.
The OE Manager’s scope includes cultural development, change management, organisation design and productivity / efficiency, competencies, talent management, career & succession planning, people performance management, mentoring & diversity, employee recognition and retention programs and leadership and people management learning and development programs. The role works as part of TAS’s Global HR Centre of Excellence – to provide an integrated and coordinated approach in helping the HR&D business partners in the fulfilment of the employee’s and organisation’s full potential in productivity and efficiency and ultimately profitability.
- Define the organisational effectiveness strategy and plan- to help achieve optimum efficiency and productivity in a growing environment.
- Set the standards and define the relevant goals and measurement criteria for organisational effectiveness around objectives, structure, systems, processes and outcomes.
- Lead the practice and achievement of the optimal culture and behaviours for a high performance, engaged and safety conscious culture.
- Lead the development and implementation of culture-shaping programs which develop the integrated, process orientated and collaborative approach to business – required for a growing manufacturing operation.
- Working closely with HR business partners and key business leaders, develop and implement the practices that ensure performance management, succession planning, career development, mentoring, talent management and diversity are effectively incorporated into business practices using simple and time efficient ‘fit for purpose’ methods.
- Act as a OE subject matter expert, providing advice and executive coaching to HR colleagues and management as required.
- Lead and coordinate the human resources components of large-scale organisational change projects to ensure an integrated and holistic approach that addresses priorities, working with Business Transformation resources. Facilitate the formation of cross functional teams and focus groups to evaluate and analyse organisational issues and develop new approaches and solutions; and facilitate collaborative problem-solving forums to resolve cross-departmental organisational issues.
- Support the HR&D Director in providing a strategic, effective and fit for purpose HR&D service. Work closely with the HR&D leadership team, exploiting economies of scale and synergies and facilitating process alignment where appropriate.
- Degree in Human Resources or Business Studies.
- Masters Degree preferably in the Human Resources, Industrial & Organisational Psychology or equivalent.
- 8+ year’s management-level OE experience (with at least 5+ years of experience being global in scope).
- Experience in competency frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in managing organisation-wide programs and/or processes for a medium (1,500+ employees) with a record of successful results.
- Experience of managing relationships with senior management teams, taking ownership and providing authoritative consultation.
- Experience within manufacturing and aviation would be desirable.
- Consultancy or professional services experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of development planning, performance management, change management and organisation effectiveness processes and practices.
The package will reflect the nature and level of the role to ensure the very best appointments are made.
For further information on this HR vacancy, or any other Human Resource related job in Northern Ireland, please contact Richard McFarland(Assoc. CIPD)in the strictest confidence on 07577777450 or 02890 330250 in the strictest of confidence
Job Reference: RDM15/4/19OD_1555340485
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: