Internal Auditor – City Centre
A leading public sector organisation are urgently recruiting for an Internal Auditor for a long-term temporary contract. This will be a broad and varied role with one of NI’s target employers and will provide excellent experience for the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Supervisor, the role will be a key post where you will play a key role on assignments with a range of high profile public sector clients. Duties are as follows:
- To be the Lead Auditor on: a broad range of risk-based audit assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature; verifications of controls assurance standards; and a broad range of routine audit assignments.
- Obtain robust information and data from a range of client systems and through interviews with key client staff and perform detailed analysis of the data to inform judgements on adequacy of systems of internal control.
- Draft high quality, value adding audit reports for client senior management, Directors and Audit Committees that include an audit opinion and practicable recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment.
- Take responsibility for the operational management of allocated audit plans in support of the Audit Manager.
- Assists the Audit Manager in drafting audit assignment plans.
- Plan your own workload, and that of subordinate audit staff during audit assignments, to ensure that assignments are satisfactorily completed. The post holder will be expected to lead a number of audit assignments concurrently and to ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- Conducts investigations and consultancy assignments, under the supervision of the Audit Manager.
- Day-to-day supervision of junior audit staff allocated to each audit assignment
- Ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate:
Have at least two years internal audit/finance experience.
(b) Candidates must have worked as an internal auditor for at least five years.
£ Negotiable dep on experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other senior accountancy appointment in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
Job Reference: DDC030216_1541758599
Salary: £26000 - £28000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Ongoing
Job Start Date: ASAP