HR Learning and Development Officer – Kilkeel
Vanrath are delighted to be assisting their Manufacturing client in the Kilkeel area, for a HR, Learning and Development Officer to join them for a period of up to 18 months.
Salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience.
Reporting to the HR Director you will operate as a key member of the HR team and will provide HR support to Line Managers and the business, primarily in the area of learning & development.
- Partnering with Line Managers to identify commercially focused HR solutions that deliver operational performance improvements
- Identify training and development needs of staff throughout the organisation using a variety of methods including training needs analysis, recruitment and induction processes, probation reviews and annual performance evaluations.
- Produce a resourced long term training plan and program based on training needs identified for individual employees and which supports business goals.
- Work with managers to develop and implement effective training programs and materials.
- Develop and deliver ad hoc or one-off training programs as required.
- Co-ordinate the Further Education Assistance policy.
- Commission and oversee delivery of training courses.
- Manage Learning and Development related projects.
- Carry out course evaluation and analysis and act on feedback where necessary to ensure high quality service provision.
- Schedule training and maintain training records for employees.
- Monitor training spend against budget.
- Work in a fast paced environment with the flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Support other HR processes and projects as required.
- Job Knowledge: Has the job knowledge and technical skills to understand his/her duties and responsibilities.
- Continuous Improvement: Constantly measures for the effectiveness of processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives. Generates new ideas and manages change effectively.
- Collaborative Skills: Initiates and develops relationships, and gains the confidence and cooperation of people within and outside the business.
- Results Focus/Execution: A results oriented employee who sets challenging goals and achieves results, whilst prioritizing tasks and overcoming obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly at all levels. Has the ability to adapt style, and listens to and values different opinions.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Evaluates, generates, and implements problem-solving solutions. Has the ability to analyse situations systematically and make effective decisions.
- Planning & Organising: Develops realistic work plans, sets goals, and aligns personal plans/goals with company goals. Manages time well and effectively, including personal attendance and on-time performance.
- Hold a Third level qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent (e.g. HND, HNC, Degree qualification).
- Experience of developing and delivering training material and the ability to effectively deliver training to larger audiences.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ working experience within a comparable HR and/or L&D role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- CIPD qualified, preferably to Level 5 (or equivalent).
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Have a minimum 5 years’ working experience in a comparable HR and/or L&D role.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Human Resource job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link or contact Sophie Cousans in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Job Reference: SOP0712181_1544197885
Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum + parking and pension
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 18 months
Job Start Date:
HR Advisor (Legal Sector)
£30000 - £40000 Per Annum + BenefitsFull Job Spec
Interim HR Administrator (9-12 Months)
Northern Ireland (Midlands)
£19000 - £22000 Per Annum + Pension, ParkingFull Job Spec
HR Officer – UK Travel (Maternity Cover)
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum + BenefitsFull Job Spec