General Accountant (Maternity Cover, Derry)
Company Accountant – Derry – Maternity Cover
VanRath are pleased to be recruiting for a General Accountant for a highly reputable organisation based in Derry. The role is to cover a maternity for a key member within a well-established finance team and this would be a fantastic addition to any Accountant’s CV who is keen to add significant commercial experience to their CV. Due to our client’s growth plans, there also exists the possibility of a permanent role beyond the initial maternity cover.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the General Accountant position is responsible for a wide variety of transactional activities spanning different areas of the finance and accounting function. Exact area of responsibility within Finance will be assigned based on needs, and will be subject to change as business needs change.
this is a varied role with a focus on Management reporting, assisting with board pack presentation and analysis to support the rapid growth of the company.
- Oversee the fixed asset accounting processes including the following:
o Entering internal orders for assets under construction.
o Ensuring all projects have appropriate approvals
o Monitor project progress to ensure that projects are capitalized on a timely basis.
o Run depreciation reports.
o Tracking of budget to actual variances.
o Ensure compliance with policies and US GAAP.
o Design and develop improved reporting to assist auditors and business units.
o Complete monthly and quarterly analysis of fixed assets as assigned.
* Prepare manual journal entries as assigned.
* Ensure completeness, appropriate approval, and accuracy of general ledger transactions.
* Responsible for month end Hyperion uploads.
* Develop and provide meaningful financial and operational performance metrics and trend reports as assigned.
* Prepare analysis and ad-hoc reports as requested.
* Prepare account analysis and reconciliations
* Oversee the preparation of VAT, Intrastat, PAYE, NIC and other returns
* Provide training as requested to junior accounting personnel.
* Monitor existing processes across all functional areas for control risk and process improvement opportunities, and make improvement recommendations to the leadership team.
* Demonstrate accuracy and timeliness
* Comply with internal controls and accounting policies.
* Perform other duties as assigned. Will include support of special projects as identified.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified accountant (or part-qualified with significant experience of operating within a medium-to-large-sized organisation and preparing monthly management accounts and reporting information)
- Experienced in production of management accounts, budgets, year end and staff management
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a busy Finance/Accounts function
- Excellent MS Excel skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Interim Accountancy appointment in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link provided or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
Job Reference: DDC025419_1547119723
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 9 months+
Job Start Date: ASAP
Credit Controller (Lisburn)
£20000 - £25000 Per Annum + Free ParkingFull Job Spec
Financial Analyst – Belfast
£35000 - £45000 Per Annum + Bonus + BenefitsFull Job Spec
Commercial Accountant – Craigavon – 10 months+
Northern Ireland (South)
£34000 - £37000 Per AnnumFull Job Spec