Financial Analyst (Belfast City Centre)
VANRATH are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading education and publishing company based in Belfast City Centre for a Financial Analyst.
This role will prepare and deliver financial planning and analysis to business areas enabling effective business decision making. You will also contribute to all aspects of the budgeting and forecasting cycle.
- Complete all deliverables in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Understand data sources and data flows and how financial and non-financial data is presented
- Apply analytical skills to ensure the accuracy and relevance of outputs needed by the business
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions and communicate these to your line manager
- Complete the processing of all technical responsibilities (see below) in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Ensure the preparation of ad-hoc analysis / production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting and business decisions
- Preparing variance analysis against performance targets
- Preparing monthly management reporting packs (including but not limited to analysis of payroll and FTE)
- Assist in providing Finance Business Partners with insightful pre-close Flash P&L reports.
- Monthly calendar of activities to be maintained as agreed and current view of deadlines and communicated to Finance Business Partners timely.
- Preparation of accruals / other adjustment journal entries as required
- Supporting in the Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting cycles through preparation of analyses and system loads working with the BPO team to complete in line with strict deadlines
- Ensure performance targets are met and service is delivered to end users as expected.
- Take proactive involvement in determining and implementing best practices
- Reconcile data between source ERPs and consolidated reporting tools (Oracle/Hyperion) and seeking explanations for significant variances
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
The Ideal Person:
- Experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting and producing management information for decision making. Ability to apply a range of budgeting and forecasting techniques to provide the business partners with the relevant financial information in an accurate and timely way
- Well developed analytical/variance analysis skills, proven ability to review and analyse financial data and explain results. Providing analysis to support decision making
- Understanding of financial control processes and functions
- Strong understanding of materiality and ability to prioritise across competing agendas
- Strong accounting knowledge – Part qualified accountant with relevant experience in: budgeting, planning, forecasting, management reporting and variance analysis
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (v-lookups, sum-ifs, pivot tables etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both finance and non-finance professionals
- Experience of finance ERP systems (Oracle preferred but not essential)
- A self-starter who is motivated to work under own initiative when required demonstrating initiative and sound judgement
- Demonstration of strong performance against targets and key performance indicators and an ability to focus on value-added activities
- Ability to work as part of a team, identifying and providing support to colleagues
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and to be able to prioritise to meet those deadlines
- Stakeholder management
Market leading starting salary+ annual salary reviews + fantastic benefits package
For further information on this Financial Analyst vacancy, or any other Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link on this page or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
Job Reference: JGR1705_1544029583
Salary: Fantastic Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: