Financial Accountant – Craigavon – 12 months
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a global pharmaceutical brand for a Financial Accountant to join their Commercial Finance Team in their Craigavon HQ. This role is to cover maternity and is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious accountant to gain valuable exposure for your CV whilst developing your skill-set further from working within a talented and supportive team of qualified accountants. This role is initially for c.12 months but could well lead to permanent role for an outstanding performer.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the purpose of the role is to ensure company accounts and management reports are prepared in an accurate and timely manner whilst maintaining appropriate financial controls, as well as any other finance tasks and projects deemed appropriate.
- Prepare monthly management accounts plus associated reports, operating KPI’s and finance commentary, analysing variances both from budget and from prior periods.
- Ensure all month end transactions and journals are completed as needed.
- Prepare any revenue recognition calculations required at month-end, determining the current project WIP status, by analysing raw material spend and labour usage against the project budget.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly including accruals, suspense accounts, etc. and maintain analysis information on all movements in these accounts.
- Ensure the Fixed Asset Register is kept up to date. Monitor spend by capex and report monthly on actual versus budget expenditure by capex.
- Provide weekly financial reports on material costs and labour usage required to manage the customer contracts database
- Assist with the preparation of year-end accounts and any supporting working papers as required for auditors.
- Review and report on suppliers (AP) and debtors (AR) performance.
- Respond to requests for information from both financial and non-financial internal customers and produce both regular and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Company Accountant and Financial Controller.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA or equivalent)
- Relevant commercial experience in a similar accounting role
- Ability to work as part of a team and to motivate team to attain the end goal
- Strong demonstrated leaderships skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong Finance Acumen
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy job in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
Job Reference: DDC030119_1565601313
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: