DP Accountant (£20/hr + from week 1)
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Deputy Principal Accountant – Grants Manager for a large Public Sector organisation, based in South Belfast. This position will commence on a 6-month contract basis and requires an immediate start for a suitably experienced qualified accountant.
Duties are as follows:
The work of the post-holder will be varied and may involve varying degrees of the following activities:
Managing a portfolio of grant claims from a variety of funding streams including preparation of and review of completed claims.
Developing and maintaining systems to record and monitor grants and related claims with cross referencing to accounting system to ensure correct revenue recognition
Assisting the preparation of annual accounts and dealing with auditors
The development and implementation of financial systems to support financial management and reporting processes
Provision of advice and guidance to management on budgeting and the in-year monitoring of budgets
Establishing and maintaining close and effective working relationships with staff across the business and a broad range of other organisations and government departments and agencies, other public sector bodies and the Northern Ireland Audit Office
Gaining and maintaining an up to date and comprehensive understanding of current public expenditure planning, monitoring, control and accountability systems
Leading, managing and motivating staff who often need to work to tight deadlines, and on tasks where high quality information and guidance needs to be available for managers
Managing the resources of your own section
Conducting specialist reviews and the managing of internal controls
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have successfully completed the professional CCAB examinations and be a full, current member of at least one of the recognised accountancy bodies.
- Have at least a total of 2 years post qualification practical experience, gained within the last 5 years (from the closing date for applications), in each of the following areas – full details including specific dates must be provided
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Management accounting and costing systems, and financial performance reporting systems.
- Leading, managing and motivating staff who often need to work to tight deadlines and on tasks where high quality information and guidance needs to be available for managers.
c.£20+ per hour plus holiday pay (from week 1)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy job in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
Job Reference: DDC0260619_1549642824
Salary: £37000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6 months+
Job Start Date: ASAP