Desktop Support Engineer
By client has recently opened stunning £2.5m offices here in Belfast and are continuing to build out their Desktop Support team. As the appointed Desktop Support Engineer you help to maintain the computer systems and networks of the organisation. As the successful Desktop Support Engineer you will install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either remotely, over the phone, or in person.
- Builds, configure and troubleshoot all aspects of Windows operating system
- Provide first line fix to users whenever possible E
- Ensure all calls are responded to in a timely manner, with ServiceNow being the workflow management tool of choice.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure continuity of service and conformation to Global standards
- To authorise the distribution of internal and external software releases
- The management of relationships with external service providers
- Meets with customers, department heads, development, infrastructure, vendors to resolve problems
- Investigate and resolve software and hardware problems.
- Escalate any major problems to other technical teams such as development or infrastructure
- General knowledge of Desktop, Laptop, Networking, Server, Voice & Communications Infrastructure.
- Operating systems (e.g. Windows 7/10,)
- Microsoft Exchange, Outlook 365 and Active Directory
- Blackberry Works / BES
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- University degree or Diploma in the field of Computer Science and /or minimum of 3 years of experience in a Desktop Support role.
£22,000 – £24,000
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Contract or Temporary IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Orla Fitzsimons in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Job Reference: ORF231DS_1571827609
Salary: £22000 - £24000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 12 month FTC
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Greater Belfast
Job Industry: Infrastructure Support