Contracts and Monitoring Officer
VANRATH are recruiting a temporary Contracts Monitoring Officer for a Public Sector Organisation based in North Belfast. This opportunity is a temporary post that is for an initial duration of three months with scope for the role to be extended. In this role you will be required to provide general support to the Procurement and Contracts Manager in relation to the monitoring, administration and management of contracts
Responsible to the Procurement and Contracts Manager for contributing to the fulfillment of responsibilities through assisting with the monitoring, administration and management of the procurement and operation of contracts, to ensure full compliance with the contractual terms and conditions and that prompt action is taken in relation to non-compliance. This will include a significant number of visits to locations associated with the delivery of a range of waste related treatment services contracts and waste related supplies contracts.
The Ideal Person:
- Possess a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (Grades A to C or equivalent qualifications) including English and Mathematics;
- Possess a third level qualification in a numerate discipline.
- Have a full current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland.
- Experience of the monitoring, administration and management of contracts and contract procurements;
- Experience of information monitoring, accurate data management and interpretation and reporting thereon:
- The practical application of IT packages e.g. Microsoft Office products, document management facilities, databases and spreadsheets.
- Delivery and/or operation of a waste related service contract.
- A third level or higher qualifications in a relevant discipline e.g. Environmental, Waste Management, Project Management or Engineering.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body such as Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management, Chartered Institution of Wastes Management, Institute of Purchasing and Supply, Institute of Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- An understanding of the roles of Local and Central Government and current issues facing Northern Ireland relevant understanding of the impact of local government evolution and transformation in Northern Ireland.
- A commitment to the principles of Best Value, Business Excellence and Equal Opportunities.
VANRATH are offering an excellent rate of pay for this role.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Job Reference: RWS12/09/2019_1568627630
Salary: £24800 - £28800 per hour + Discount Benefits
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 3 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Procurement Analyst (City Centre)
£25000 - £35000 Per Annum + Excellent BenefitsFull Job Spec
Procurement Manager BAND 7
£33000 - £42000 Per Annum + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec
Procurement and Contracts Manager – Ballymena
Up To £12.71 Per Hour + Discount BenefitsFull Job Spec