Commercial Accountant, Belfast, £37.5k
VANRATH are pleased to be exclusively recruiting for a Commercial Accountant for a target employer based in Belfast. This is a broad and fast-paced role within the Commercial team within a highly-respected Top-100 organisation, which will commence on an initial 6-9 month contract basis. There is a strong possibility this placement could lead to a permanent appointment or extension beyond the initial timeframes.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, the role will entail the following:
- Preparation and review of all business performance reports.
- Provide monthly commercial reports to challenge and improve performance
- Undertake margin analytics, review trends and identify opportunities.
- Provide financial support in developing the business unit strategic plan.
- Collaborating with Group Finance to support and develop systems and processes as well as driving efficiencies in the preparation of the site accounts.
- Financial support in the preparation of customer tenders and pricing submissions
- Input into and challenge of all strategic pricing. Co-ordinate and support standardization of pricing across the group.
- Benchmark costs internally and externally to identify improvement initiatives.
- Co-ordination and completion of sales budgets, projections, forecasts and analysis of results versus targets
- Working closely with Procurement to support pricing and margin management
- Reporting on all customer facing Profit Improvement Initiatives
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant with strong financial acumen and the ability to produce monthly P&L accounts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large volumes of Data
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Strongly motivated individual with an excellent ability to work off their own initiative and on a cross-functional basis
c.£37k (pro rata)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.
Job Reference: DDC0102817_1568912419
Salary: £36000 - £38000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 6-9 months
Job Start Date: ASAP