Buyer (Greater Belfast)
VANRATH are proud to be working alongside our client a leading manufacturing company based in Greater Belfast for a Buyer position. Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager you will take a lead role in being a pro-active and valued member of the team.
- Procurement / buying of direct / indirect materials in line with inventory targets.
- Raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders for suppliers.
- Progressing / expediting orders with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels.
- Validating and implementing MRP outputs.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Maintenance of supplier schedules in line with demand requirements.
- Ensuring cost effectiveness of all purchases.
- Interprets data and provides recommendations and/or defines trends that result in improved inventory holding efficiency.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely maintenance of all systems and records.
- Developing and testing systems within the purchasing department.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal department managers.
- Developing / maintaining current ISO standards.
- Provide cover and assistance to colleagues when required.
- Additional duties which may be required by management from time to time.
The Ideal Person
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years relevant experience of buying / procurement within an MRP environment. Educated to A level standard with GCSE’s (grade C and above). Experience of purchasing and procurement within a manufacturing or FMCG environment and working knowledge of efficient materials flow and best practice.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or similar;
- Previous experience of Navision or similar ERP system.
- Excellent benefits
- Career Progression
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Danielle Toman in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Job Reference: DT070332019_1552590022
Salary: Up to £25000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: