Business Development Manager (IT Solutions)
Business Development Manager (IT Solutions)
VANRATH are proud to be exclusively supplying our client, PlotBox, in the recruitment of a Business Development Manager to help deliver UK sales.
Plotbox is an award winning leader in innovative digital mapping and IT solutions to the Death Care industry. Headquartered at the Ecos Centre, Ballymena, PlotBox is a rapidly growing technology business with a global opportunity. Our mission is that:’ we deeply understand this industry and we know firsthand the trauma of loss and the burden of the associated processes of dealing with death. We know we can help take some of the pain away for families and those who have to serve them’.
A significant proportion of the business is currently in the USA, and is supported by three additional offices in Austin, Boston and San Francisco. More recently the business has acquired the largest cemetery operator in the Southern hemisphere in Australia and the business is currently building a strong brand presence and exploiting additional opportunities in that market.
The business has a strong customer base in NI and ROI, and a number of customers in Great Britain, and recent indications reflect a significant and growing interest from GB based asset owners across the spectrum of municipal, private and Trust run enterprises.
The company is a scale-up business with a young and dynamic team who are challenging the status quo with both software and process innovation.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, this candidate will be responsible for identifying and converting UK sales opportunities, the successful candidate will join a global technology business in an exciting phase of growth. In particular this role would suit a highly motivated, self sufficient and well organised Sales professional who has experience of selling and managing IT solutions into a large geographic territory. Whilst there is a back office commercial team to provide general levels of support we are looking for an individual who can take ownership of the end to end sales process for the UK market.
The successful candidate will tap into a warm market, where your products and services far outweigh what the closest competitor can offer.
The nature of this market requires strong consultative selling skills with the ability to forge deep and lasting solutions that deliver against assessed customer needs. It will also require the skills to describe the planned approach to delivery and create the optimal level of customer expectation on what will be delivered. It is anticipated that this deep relationship management will continue to build confidence in the suite of Plotbox services and facilitate future revenue growth. So this will require a consistent focus on product expertise, opportunity management and the ability to close sales but also nurturing skills to take customers on the Plotbox journey as our services evolve.
- Identify and close direct sales opportunities.
- Proactive lead generation, conduct sales calls and webinars.
- Pipeline creation, management and accurate forecasting.
- Prepare proposals, respond to Tenders, follow up and close sales.
- Lead online and on-site demonstrations of PlotBox
- Pro-active contribution to team meetings.
- Work with the marketing team to promote Plotbox.
- Strong Awareness of competitive landscape and the ability to position Plotbox products effectively.
- Maintain accurate and timely customer records within the CRM system
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ year’s successful sales experience, selling software or technical based products
- Excellent IT skills
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen with a consultative selling approach
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn new technology products
- Full clean UK driving licence and willingness to travel to UK (travel expectation is incidental)
- Proven sales experience selling to Enterprise customers
- Knowledge of operating in a SaaS business environment
- Educated to degree in a business/ IT related subject
- Competitive base salary
- Attractive commission structure (uncapped)
- Health cash plan
- Career growth with a rapidly growing technology leader
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible around remote working
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales or Marketing jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link on this page, or contact Marty Caskey in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250.
Job Reference: MRT150119_1549693615
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: