Business Analyst/Junior Project Manager (Derry)
Business Analyst (3years+)
Do you enjoy breaking down complex logic into structured, elegant and simple solutions? Do you rise to the occasion working in teams, pushing yourself and your teammates to higher levels of performance and excellence? Do you equally enjoy working with technology in a client facing capacity?
As a business analyst you will be responsible for discovering, modelling and validating client decisions (business rules or logic) relating to the client’s strategic business processes and operations. You will be expected to leverage a full set of business analysis skills, strategies and best practice in order to successfully meet demanding project goals within dynamic environments. You will need to quickly learn new domains, present complex problems accurately and succinctly, and formulate creative and well-presented proposals. As a team member you will be asked to take direction as well as lead and be able to adapt easily and appropriately depending on the circumstances. You will be required to confidently train client teams in methodology and tooling and provide coaching and mentoring during engagements.
In addition to working within your own team and the client’s team on project delivery and product implementations, you may have the opportunity to participate in such varied tasks as pre-sales support and internal product requirements analysis.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with business analysis and vendor consulting experience relating to enterprise software implementation
- Experience and confidence in stakeholder management and workshop facilitation
- Business process modelling experience and skill
- Conceptual and logical data modelling experience
- Experience in delivering business requirements for enterprise scale projects
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Excellent written skills and ability to rapidly and succinctly present findings via MS PowerPoint
- Programming experience and technical background is advantageous
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in information or related sciences or engineering programs.
- Integrity – open and honest in all interactions
- Interpersonal – skilled at building relationships and trust
- Communication skills – speaks, listens, and writes clearly
- Facilitation – structures and organises effective meetings and discussions
- Collaboration skills – works well with others
- Initiative – self-starter and finisher
- Leadership – takes ownership of actions and results and inspires others to excel and grow
- Flexibility – ability to take on multiple tasks and see opportunity in working in areas outside of their expectation or comfort zone
- Learning skills – desire to develop new skills, stay at the cutting edge of practice, and ability to rapidly incorporate new learnings and take them forward in practice
- Conceptual skills – ability to abstract problems and formulate and articulate conceptual solutions
- Generosity – a constant eagerness to bring others along and build them up through observation, assessment, mentoring and coaching
- Stamina and work ethic – ability to go over and above for teammates and client’s success
For more information on this role or any other IT roles in Belfast, please contact Gary McMahon on 02890330250 or email@example.com
Job Reference: GMC0207_1565722807
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP