Audit Supervisor – HSCNI Band 6 (c.£35k)
Internal Audit Supervisor
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting exclusively for an Internal Audit Supervisor for a large organisation based in Central Belfast. This is a broad role overseeing large audits and will provide a valuable addition to any auditor’s CV moving forward. This role will be for c.9-12 months initially, potentially ongoing and with the possibility of permanency.
You will be responsible for overseeing assignments which will involve:
– To be the Lead Auditor on: a broad range of risk-based audit assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature; verification of controls assurance standards; and a broad range of routine audit assignments.
– Develops and leads the execution of risk-based audit programmes.
– Obtains robust information and data from a range of client systems and through interviews with key client staff and perform detailed analysis of the data to inform judgements on adequacy of systems of internal control.
– Drafts high quality, value adding audit reports for client senior management, Directors and Audit Committees that include an audit opinion and practicable recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment.
– Takes extensive responsibility for the operational management of allocated audit plans in support of the Audit Manager.
– Assists the Audit Manager in drafting audit assignment plans.
– To direct, supervise and advise audit staff on a day-to-day basis, during each audit assignment.
– Plans own workload, and that of subordinate audit staff during audit assignments, to ensure that assignments are satisfactorily completed. The post holder will be expected to lead a number of audit assignments concurrently and to ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources.
– Conducts investigations and consultancy assignments, under the supervision of the Audit Manager.
The Ideal Person:
– Ideally you will be a qualified accountant or internal auditor with extensive previous experience leading on key internal audit assignments
– You must be immediately available to commence assignment
– You must have excellent communication and relationship-building abilities
c.£34,000 – £36,000
For further information for this, or any other senior accountancy role in Northern Ireland, please contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250 or apply via the link on this page.
Job Reference: DDC020116_1555083279
Salary: £33000 - £36000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 9 months +
Job Start Date: ASAP