Accounts Payable Specialist (City Centre)
Accounts Payable Specialist – Global Technology Company
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for an Accounts Payable Specialist, for our client, a global technology company based in Belfast City Centre. This role reports into the Financial Controller and will be responsible for all areas of accounts administration.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions
- Review and verify invoices and check requests.
- Sort, code and match invoices & set invoices up for payment.
- Enter and upload invoices into system.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Review vendor invoices, record invoices according to company policy.
- Resolve any non-compliant invoices (for example NO PO, PO out-of-funds)
- Maintain accuracy in processing of AP transactions, including accounting coding, timely payments and reconciliations
- Prepare weekly payments to vendors and employees
- Review, verify and process employee expense reports to ensure they are in compliance with Company Policy
- Process credit card statements
- Track, report, and pay of state and local sales and use taxes
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Assist with the month end close of accounts payable and accruals
- Assist with the coordination and gathering of documents to support auditors requests
- Create monthly expense accrual, Sales/Use tax accrual and variance analysis for month end close
- Handle various other accounting duties as requested
The Ideal Person:
- 3 plus years of accounts payable and general accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in driving problems to a resolution
- Strong computer and business solution software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with vendors, management, and auditors
Market Leading + Plus excellent benefits
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Job Reference: JGR1217_1557943209
Salary: Highly Competitive
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: